This activity is an extra special one for the co-founders of Kikori. while Kendra was living in Santiago, Bryn came to visit her. They walked to Santiago's largest and highest park, Cerro San Cristobal (San Cristobal Hill), and crossed over a bridge covered in small, colorful ribbons. Upon arriving on the other side, the girls were offered ribbons of different color and pens with which to write. The bridge itself was covered in quotes and one could hang their ribbons near a quote that was meaningful to them.
This particular activity celebrated February, the month of love by sharing different types of love, however it could be used in many different ways. Kendra and Bryn each filled out ribbons for their families and their partnership together and one year later, Kikori has launched.
Celebrate Love Fence
1) Hang quotes around the fence or area where you will tie ribbons
2) Write the directions for participants on a board or provide groups with the print-out
3) Invite participants to choose from the different colored ribbons and provide them with pens or sharpies to write personal messages related to the color that they chose
4) If time and amount of ribbons allows, let participants fill out as many messages of love as they would like
5) Encourage participants to take their time hanging their ribbons so they can read the quotes and choose the best place for their ribbon
How many different types of love did you find in your life? How often do you think about the love in your life? What did it feel like when you took the time to think about the love in your life?
If appreciating others and practicing gratitude feels good... what are other ways you could bring it into your life? Are there things you regularly do now to show gratitude?
What is another way we could celebrate love (or kindness, gratitude, appreciation) into your lives? Think of some times or places that it could be "tied" in.
Click here to SEE THIS ACTIVITY WITHIN THE KIKORI APP TODAY!